Monday, July 25, 2011

Ramallah

All month I desperately wanted to go to Ramallah, the capital of Palestine, so on my last day in Israel I paid a taxi driver too much to take me there.  It was completely worth it.  This is one of the most interesting cities I've ever seen.




The barricade.  Earlier, driving down the road, we actually watched a man scale the razor wire, jump down using a rope, and run off!  It happened so fast I couldn't believe what I was seeing, let alone take a photograph.



Graffiti on the Palestinian side of the barricade.

Downtown Ramallah.




Yasser Arafat's tomb.
These little boys were having a great time making faces for my camera. :)

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Interesting place...the picture with the lion statues almost reminds me of tiger's stadium in Detroit! Adorable little boys, too! Did they remind you of Tag? :)